Long alas we started reassembly! the hallowed piece was installed Only to remember we needed to put a seal. Thankfully Uncle Bob had the exact seal in the box he sent me. But we had installed when realized then had to Uninstall and reinstall again. Then the joy of the radiator, radiator cisterns and brackets (not fully pictured) good thing we had good help! But the last thing we did.... the traditional gremlin Started by my coworker at RDO he always draws a gremlins in warm, quiet spots to attract the gremlins to leave the rest of the tractor or car alone hopefully he's happy there. We put a grandpa Gremlin since it was Great Great Grandpa Orin's tractor
Labor day weekend! The time to rest and relax, or get armpit deep in a project that you thought would take half a day which makes you reconsider life choices. Mostly on taking of radiator caps. We started a bit later in the day Monday. I talked about starting Sunday and was hit with a wave of laziness and thought "Monday should be good enough". I just need to change the sediment bowl screen, change a couple of fuel gaskets, maybe rebuild the carburetor. Also and I'm going to check the radiator and... ohhhhh gooood gravy Gravy, was about the consistency of what I saw. I t was majestic. We pulled everything off and flushed out the entire system. The radiator core looked worse than it actually was. I was able to do a reverse flush which came out mostly clear. Not a horrible ordeal but we had to stop before we put things back together because we are going to do some sand blasting on the tanks. We also needed to buy new gaskets for...
The welder needed me measure and dry fit the pipe before he would weld it. Did that and we need to cut about 6 inches off the pipe and align it but we will get it back to the welder for the final weld and then... we might, just might, be ready to put it all back together again
Comments
Post a Comment